Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Crimson Groves Interview andReview

Hi you guys, we're joined by a very special guest today!! A lady i'm proud to call a friend, the lovely and amazingly talented Ashley Robertson!!! I interviewd her, and then me and the girls reviewed her book Crimson Groves. Hope you enjoy :)


  When you wrote Crimson Groves, did you have a clear ending in mind, or did it surprise you?
The ending for Crimson Groves was just how I’d originally planned it, though there were several details along the way that weren’t. With it being a planned series, it really had to end the way I needed it to so Abby’s story could continue, starting out with one hell of a bang in the sequel Crimson Flames.

  Where did Abby come from? Did you base her on anyone you know?
Abby has elements of several people—some real and others fictional. I wanted her to be likeable, so I selected qualities from people that I found easy to get along with, but I also wanted her to evolve into the badass warrior she is in book two, and using some characteristics of my favorite book heroines really helped the transition. That way, readers would hopefully root for her because they connected at some level with what she was going through and how she handled the situation.

  What has been the hardest thing about being an author for you so far?
The part between finishing your manuscript and publishing it as a book. (sighs) This is the high-intensity time where you must make everything as close to perfect as you can get it. If it weren’t for my amazing editor (Stephen Delaney with Close Reader Editing Services), I’d go crazy. It astounds me that I can reread my novel a half dozen times and still not catch the countless mistakes that Stephen does. Plus, this is my last chance to strengthen those sentences and cut those unnecessary paragraphs. Readers can blow through a book in days—or even hours—but authors need months or longer to write it.

  What have you loved the most about being an author?
Coming off a thirteen-year career as a real-estate agent where my phone was plastered to my ear, I’ve learned that I actually love the moments where I can shut off my phone and work. I could never do that before. And while I enjoyed helping others find their dream homes, the countless hours of troubleshooting wore on me through the years—especially after the market tanked and I was forced to work with banks (who still haven’t figured out how to properly handle their real-estate departments). The other thing I love is that I can really control my hours better and I have more time with my family. I may not make anywhere near the income I made selling homes, but for me having the quiet time to work and more time with my husband and son is worth it all and I’ve never been happier.

  What’s next for you?
I know I mentioned it above, but I’m close to completing the sequel to Crimson Groves. Due out in the winter of 2013, Crimson Flames will pick up right where we left Abby and her quest to learn more about the sorceress powers that were awakened inside her when she was turned into a vampire—making her a whole new hybrid species. There’s a group of rogue vamps banding together and forming a Resistance against the vampire governing body, The Head Council, and Abby’s newly discovered powers are the key to the Council’s victory. Now the Resistance will do anything possible to remove the hybrid threat, and with no other options, Abby is forced to rely on the aid of the Council, yet can she trust the very vampires that hunt for her human lover? And even worse, can she fight the unwelcome attraction that’s growing between her and one of those ancient vampire rulers?






Abigail Tate was a normal human girl—until the day Bronx the vampire barges into her life and turns her against her will. Held captive while forced to deal with never-ending cravings for blood, Abby prays for a way to escape. Only when an opportunity arises, it’s with the aid of an innocent human named Tyler—except vampires are forbidden to interact with the unbitten. But Abby quickly learns this human has secrets of his own...secrets that can either help her or get her killed. Only Abby soon discovers that she is the one with the biggest secret of all.

Amazon|B&N
Our Thoughts:




I liked this book a lot. I had a hard time getting into it at first, but it drew me in and I was hooked. I liked Abby a lot, she was put into an impossible situation that was not her choice at all. It felt like everything was against her, she had no choice but to bend to the will of someone stronger. Enter Tyler, who offers her an escape. I like Tyler at first for sure, I have mixed feelings about him now lol.
Abby has to hold everything together while she tries to find out who and what she is. I very much look forward to the next book in this series!! 5 stars!!
~Jessi


Okay, so I read Crimson Groves and I must admit it took a bit to get through the beginning. Now to be fair, it was Bronx was a butthead, I say butthead because I don't know if I am allowed to use the actual term. Lol
With that said this story is about a girl, Abigail , or Abby as she likes to be called. We follow her story from when she gets a random phone call from her dad to meeting Bronx to him turning her vamp.

During the course of her new found life that she never asked for, she meets a man, Tyler who helps her escape from Bronx. Tyler has special, let's call them talents...which you will find out what those are when you read it.
On the run she needs to feed, I mean hello vampires need blood right?! But will she ever be safe with Bronx looking for her to claim her? Or will her and Tyler ever be rid of him? Sure maybe, as long as there is not someone who isn't 100% honest about who they are and why they are there.....
Intrigued yet?? You should be.... 4 1/2 stars
~Jaime 

Abby has had about the worst six months any woman could have. She just caught her best friend in bed with her boyfriend. To make matters worse the two of them are now in a relationship trying to be friends with her!!! Isolating herself has worked well for her until she met Bronx.
Bronx strolled into her bar like a yummy cookie all for her. Tall dark and handsome he is the making of a girl's dream. Unfortunately for Abby thay dream is becoming a nightmare. Bronx is a vampire, a very dangerous vampire. He not only wants to know Abby but possess her and use her for his own evil plans. It seems Abby's past has many secrets. In order to unravel those secrets she must face betrayal of those she cares for and also learn to trust those who are steangers to her.
Abby's journey is awesome. I don't know how else to say it. I love Abby's determination and desire to fight what is right. Many other people would quit when faced with the obstacles she comes across. Not Abby! She remains in touch with her humanity and chases to find the truth. The author made the characters realistic even though possessing supernatural abilities! The plot twists were quick and unpredictable ....several times I had to say "I honestly never seen that one coming!" This series is sure to be a grwat read for those of us that love a great paranormal action / romance / thriller......you get all three in one here. Looking forward to Abby's next journey. ***** 5 stars!
~Michelle

Author Links
 https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ashley-Robertson-Books/189402414415555 https://twitter.com/#!/AshleyR0bertson http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4323952.Ashley_Robertson http://www.ashleyrobertsonbooks.com/blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment