Monday, December 3, 2012

Interview with Alyssa Rose Ivy

Hey guys, we're lucky today, I git to interview the fabulous Alyssa Rose Ivy!! She is so sweet, probably one of the nicest people ever. Hope you enjoy the interview!



1      What made you write your first book?

My first book, Beckoning Light, started with a dream. Although the scene that inspired it all never made it into the actual book, it gave me the idea for the hidden world and several of the characters. I found I couldn’t shake the story and needed to write it down. When I was done, I just knew I needed to share it.

2      What is your favorite genre to write?

I like writing every genre I’ve tried so far. The one thing I do know, is that I love to write romance.

3      Do any of your characters speak to you more clearly than others?

Of all of my characters, Charlotte from the Afterglow Trilogy probably has the most of me in her. I was definitely shy as a kid and felt awkward in some social situations. On the other hand, most of my characters have a little bit of me in them. Allie from the Crescent Chronicles and I both have the shared experience of college in New Orleans. I can also relate to the feelings of both Molly and Becca in the Clayton Falls books. They are the closest to my age, and their experiences are very emotional and raw. 

4      Who is your favorite author to read?

I have so many favorite authors, but I’ll probably always go back to Jane Austen and J.R.R. Tolkien.

5      What has been the most challenging thing about publishing?

The most challenging part has been finding a balance. Self-publishing takes a lot of work, and if you’re not careful it can take over. I’ve tried to find a comfortable balance between my books and my personal time.

6      What has been the best thing about publishing?

There is something amazing about getting the opportunity to share my stories with an audience. I love writing, but it’s so much more fun when you get to share it. I’ve also really enjoyed getting to know so many fantastic people.

7      What’s next for you?

Focus, Book two in the Crescent Chronicles, is releasing in January. Next is Enduring Light (The Afterglow Trilogy, #3), and another project I’ll be revealing the details about really soon. 

Check out Alyssa online:

Stay tuned tomorrow for reviews of Alyssa's books!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment