Thursday, August 23, 2012

Cyndi Tefft interview and review of Between and Hell Transporter

I'm so excited to have Cyndi Tefft on the blog today!! I adore her, and her books!! Ashley and I are reviewing Hell Transporter and Between. And then stay tuned for my interview with Cyndi!!



It just figures that the love of Lindsey Water's life isn't alive at all, but the grim reaper, complete with a dimpled smile and Scottish accent.

After transporting souls to heaven for the last 300 years, Aiden MacRae has all but given up on finding the one whose love will redeem him and allow him entry through the pearly gates.

Torn between her growing attraction to Aiden and heaven's siren song, Lindsey must learn the hard way whether love really can transcend all boundaries.

Amazon| B&N| Smashwords

Our Thoughts:
As a lover of all things Highlander, this was a must read for me. To say that I devoured this book would be an understatement, I read this almost in one sitting. Aiden was very swoon worthy, you couldn't help but fall in love right along with Lindsey. Who doesn't want a Highlander to call their own? Especially one who reminds me of Jaime from Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series.
Of course Lindsey was just the right amount of fragile and strong. As you learn more about her, you get a feel for how vulnerable she really is. I was in tears at various points in the book, especially the end!! 5 Stars
~Jessi


Between is a wonderful, heart-felt story about overwhelming odds and finding true love. After a horrific car accident, Lindsey Waters finds herself caught in the in between with her handsome and very much Scottish Transporter, Aidan Macrae. His goal: to help Lindsey find peace and take her on, to the gates of Heaven. But the more time they spend together and share each other’s stories of life, the more they both realize that they are falling in love. Neither one of them is ready to accept the inevitable separation that is bound to come between them. Will their love be enough to keep them together, surrounded by the most unfortunate circumstances? Guess you better grab a copy of the book to find out. Cyndi Tefft’s Between is well worth taking a chance on. 5 Stars
~Ashley



Aiden MacRae has been given a new life after being stuck transporting souls to heaven for the last three hundred years. He doesn't know the culture, the times or the slang, but there is one thing he does know: he didn't come forward alone.

The master of hell has other plans for the Scottish Highlander and has sent a transporter of his own to get the deed done. Will Lindsey be able to save him or get caught in the crossfire?

Amazon| B&N| Smashwords

Our Thoughts:
I loved this book, totally the perfect follow up to Between. I spent the first part if the book feeling deliriously happy right along with Lindsey! Aiden has a lot to work through, he's not your typical man lol, he's got to learn all the new customs and language of the present times. I loved the underlying story about the Hell Transporter, but I was happy it wasn't the main story line. I would have missed all the swoony Aiden moment too much!!
I was smiling from ear to ear when I finished this book, and I cannot wait to see what Cyndi has in store for Aiden and Lindsey next!!! 5 stars!!
~Jessi

I couldn’t put this book down. Hell Transporter is a beautiful and exciting sequel to a captivating story. After overcoming Death itself Lindsey and Aidan MacRae thought that life for them would be easy. They had each other now and their powerful love, but they couldn’t have been more wrong. Aidan must overcome his 300 year old way of thinking, learn about the modern world and just when they think everything is getting back on track a Hell Transporter shows up, announcing its intent to take out Lindsey and stake its claim on Aidan. Time is running out. I applaud Cyndi Tefft and her creativity, just when I thought the story was finished with the ending of the first book she comes back with this thrilling sequel. 5 Stars
~Ashhley



Here's my interview with Cyndi!! Enjoy :)

Where did the idea for Between and Hell Transporter come from?
I’ve always been fascinated with life-after-death stories. I think we all wonder what the transition
will be like. Will we be met by people we know? Will there be anyone on the other side to help
us navigate? I liked the idea of a hot Scotsman coming to show me the way, so the idea just
built from there! The Hell Transporter was actually my husband’s idea. I told him I wanted to
write a bad guy and he suggested I write the opposite of Aiden. It’s so much fun brainstorming
story ideas with him.

Did you base Aiden on anyone you know?
Ha- I wish! No, I don’t know anyone like Aiden MacRae, though my husband has many of his
characteristics of kindness and generosity, and of course the way he adores his lady. :) Truly,
Jamie Fraser from Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series was my inspiration. I love Jamie so much
that I had to come up with a Scottish Highlander of my own!

Who is your favorite author?
Diana Gabaldon is definitely in the number one spot, though I have many faves including
Tammara Webber, Jeri Smith-Ready, Cassandra Clare, Johanna Lindsey, and Teresa
Medeiros.

Do you plan on having more in this series?
Yes! I am working on the third book now and my guess is that there will be one more after this
book is finished. I love posting teasers as I go along, so check the #Between3 hashtag or like
my Facebook page to keep on top of the latest! *Squee*

Do you have a playlist you listen to while writing?
I usually listen to classical piano or instrumental Scottish folk music while I write. Anything with
lyrics would be too much of a distraction. Still, for fight scenes, I have been known to crank up
some Evanescence to get the blood pumping!

What’s next for you?
My muse is rather fickle, but I imagine that after the Between series is complete, I will work on
a YA contemporary novel that has been bouncing around in my head. There are a couple of
supporting characters in the Between series who deserve a spin-off novel of their own as well. :)

Thanks for having me on the blog. I had a great time!


***

Connect with me:
Twitter: @cynditefft
Facebook: facebook.com/AuthorCyndiTefft
Blog: cynditefft.com
Goodreads: goodreads.com/CyndiTefft

No comments:

Post a Comment