Monday, April 15, 2013

Enlightened review and Melissa Lummis interview

Loti Dupree’s meager healing abilities have been more a curse than a blessing. What’s the point if she can’t even save her husband from cancer? Harboring a painful secret, Loti flees the life they had in a small Appalachian town for the ashram, the spiritual retreat where she trained to be a yogini. But she finds herself running from more than grief when an ominous nightmare sets her on a dangerous path of self-discovery that challenges everything she believes, and threatens her life.

While dodging psychic attacks from an unknown assailant, Loti races to understand who and what she is before her enemy can catch up with her. To make matters worse, events throw her into the arms of a handsome but frustrating vampire. Love and light are waiting for her—if she can only figure out how to stay alive.

Where to buy: Amazon




My review:

Author Melissa Lummis' debut novel Enlightened is nothing short of amazing. I found myself drawn into Loti's world right off the bat. Her journey was enthralling. I'm a sucker for a good witch/vampire story, this for sure did not disappoint. But be warned, if you're looking for a formulaic story that's been told time and time again, this book is not for you. Be prepared to fall in love with Melissa Lummis and the world she has created. I very much look forward to the sequel to this book, because I have to know what is going to happen next!



Now for the interview~


1.Do you have plans to write out of the paranormal genre?
Eventually, yes I do. I am currently doing research on a historical novel that is part romance, part
family saga. I’m basing it loosely on my grandmother, Katie Irene’s life as she told it to me over
countless games of rummy and pina colodas. I want to make sure have done a thorough job on
the research before I start it, so the earliest it might release is the winter of 2014.

2.What is your writing snack of choice?
LOL! I tend to drink my snacks, like coconut pu ehr tea, Island Coconut coffee, green tea,
Coke Zero and wine, mostly red, but occasionally a chardonnay or vidal blanc will make it into
the rotation. If I get peckish, I usually reach for something to complement my beverage of the
moment. With tea, I like apples and walnuts. With coffee, I’ll splurge on almond thins and
biscotti, and with wine its got to be cheese and bread or crackers and fruit.

3.Do you have a favorite artist you listen to while you write? Or a Spotify playlist you want to share?
My favorite artists to write to are Mumford and Sons, The Civil Wars, Skrillex and MC Yogi. I
have TONS of Spotify playlists and love to build new ones for new projects. My two favorite
playlists right now complement my current projects:



Samskaras I’m currently finishing edits on Samskaras, book 2 in the Love and Light series, which

will be out May 21st.

The Little Flame Another project I’m working on is the Little Flame series, scheduled to release

in novellas every 6 weeks in 2014. I started the playlist a month ago and have been listening to it
a lot, lately.

4.What authors do you read when you have spare time?
I’m always trying out new authors, especially independent authors, but I do have some favorites I
come back to over and over like Stephen King, Laurell K. Hamilton, Charlaine Harris, LK Rigel,
John Locke, Hugh Howey, C.G. Powell, Liz Schulte, Olivia Hardin, and I’m currently waiting on
the next installment of the Love and Blood series by, oh, I don’t know, you? ;-)

5. What's next up for you on the horizon?
There’s so much going on in my life right now, such as launching a writing career, raising two
crazy kids, studying yoga therapy, and traveling. My husband decided recently to take advantage
of some time off from work to go on some adventures like long distance hiking and motorcycle
adventures. As a matter of fact, he flies out to the Bahamas soon to meet up with a friend to
assist in sailing his ketch from Nassau to Tappahannock. Its going to be great adventure for him,
and we plan on going on some together as a couple, and as a family.

Personally, I am looking forward to writing the last book in this series and making a long awaited
trek to Hawaii and the UK. And maybe even going to the Bahamas over Christmas with the entire
family for a sailing adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment