Monday, April 1, 2013

Tawdra Kandle guest post

Hey guys, we're joined today by an amazing author, and one of my dear friends....Tawdra Kandle! She's going to share some cool stuff with us, hope you all enjoy.


I know some real characters. . .

In a desperate attempt to find intriguing topics for guest posts, I asked friends on my
author Facebook page to give me ideas on what they’d like to read. Happily, they came
up with some winners, including a question about how I met my characters.

If you’re neither a reader nor a writer, the idea of meeting fictional people might seem
strange. But you’ll just have to trust me; that’s how it works.

I met Tasmyn in the summer of 2008. I had been in Florida for about a year, and I was
sick in bed, recovering from what I’m pretty sure was emotional and physical exhaustion.
When I felt well enough to read, I devoured two books that had been on my nightstand
for months: Twilight and New Moon. And then of course I broke doctor’s orders and
drove to the store to buy Eclipse. Afterwards, I was at loose ends, since the last book
wasn’t released until later that summer.

Moping in bed, imagine my surprise when a seventeen-year old girl I didn’t know
wandered into the room. She was vaguely familiar, and when we began to chat, I
remembered that we had met several years before, when her mother had told me a little
about her special ability.

I have some hearing loss (true story), so at first I thought her name was Taryn. I soon
realized my mistake. Tas was very talkative, telling me about her childhood, her recent
move from Wisconsin to Florida, and a little about her classmates, new friends. . .and a
girl named Nell who didn’t like her at all.

One day when I was feeling better, she took me on a drive and introduced me to her
boyfriend, Michael. I saw his family’s nursery, and I met his parents. I’ll admit it: I fell a
little in love with Michael, too, hearing about him from Tas. Who could blame me?

Tas spent the rest of that summer and autumn telling me about different people in her
life and about the very odd town where she now lived. I snuck into the town’s top-secret
archives one night and found out quite a bit about King’s origins. I’ll share that at some
point, some time.

These chats with Tasmyn went on for about four years. When I realized they were
coming to an end, I was more than a little sad. I’ve become attached to this girl. I’m
proud that she’s matured into a wise young woman. I’m going to miss her.

But the good news is that I’m not finished talking with people from King. A pale girl
with long dark hair came to visit me one night, about six months after I met Tas. She was
wearing a strait jacket, which creeped me out, but she wanted to talk.

She began by saying, “Hello. I’m Nell.”



After the tumult of her high school senior year, all is right in Tasmyn Vaughan’s world. She’s attending college with her boyfriend, and she’s learning to control her powers. Everything is finally perfect, until it isn’t.
When her new part-time job leads to more than she bargained for, she is thrown into a deadly fight against forces of evil that she didn’t even know existed. Mastering her extraordinary gifts—along with the strength of an endless love—may be the only weapon that can guarantee her a happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment