Monday, November 26, 2012

Lk Rigel week

Today is the start of Lk Rigel week on the blog!!! I'm so excited, because I love her to death. Her books are magic in word form. We're starting the week off with an interview!

Did you always know that you wanted to write?

1

I’ve known since seventh grade, when my teacher read my creative writing assignment
aloud to the class and then said, “THAT is a writer!” But that was just the bonus. The
best part was watching my friends react to my description of the character in the story
waking up to discover she was blind. It was all so melodramatic.

2

What genre has been the most fun for you to write?

The one I’m writing right now! (whenever “right now” is) When a story grabs me and
demands to be told, the story picks the genre. That said, the Tethers series is a kick to
write. I love Max and Cissa, especially.

In fact, now that you’ve made me think about it, no one genre is more or less fun than
another, but some characters are more fun than others. Max and Cissa from the Tethers
series; King Harold, Father Jesse, and Saskia from the Apocalyptos; Miss Fiddyment,
April and Josef, and poor Reverend Grim from Love Was Never Wise. In Kiss Me Hello,
my new book, Peekie and Spot are the fun ones. Hm…those names don’t sound very
scary for a ghost story….

Which of your characters speaks to you the most?

3

Susan Gray in Love Was Never Wise. She’s utterly powerless in her world, the early
1800s, without connections, money, or a proper place. Bad things happen. The man she loves
loves her—but not enough. She doesn’t give up. When life finally offers her something good
enough, she refuses to settle and creates her own real happiness. In Kiss Me Hello, the main
character Sara struggles with all the crap of modern life: unfair work environment, a husband
she’s unsure of, longing for a mythological better past. Then something utterly impossible
happens, and she doesn’t close her mind to the miracle.

4

What is something that people would be surprised to find out about you?

I’m shy and have almost no self-confidence.

If you could meet any fictional character, who would it be?

5

Professor Minerva McGonagall in her second year teaching at Hogwarts.

Who was your first book crush?

6

Rafer Hoxworth in James Michener’s Hawaii. A total bad boy with his own morality. My
first heroic villain.


Hope you all enjoyed my questions and LK's answers!! Please check out LK's blog www.lkrigel.com
Stay tuned all week for book reviews, and more fun things!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment